Student Affairs Information Technology is seeking a Software Developer. This is an opportunity to build new software business products for UConn staff and students. You will work with a small, dedicated team of software developers to deliver quality code early and often. Agile methodologies are at the heart of what we do. Key skills you need: write code and automated tests in Python, CSS/HTML as front end, SQL as backend, and working in a Linux environment. If you're passionate about writing quality code, we want to talk to you!
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer-related field and two to three years of programming experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Evidence of ability to independently analyze and translate assigned programs into operating programs and prepare detailed program documentation.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical reasoning and logical problem solving.
- Thorough knowledge of Python or other programming language/software.
- Proficiency in the use of shell/command line scripting.
- Basic knowledge of desktop applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets as well as web pages, Internet navigation, and HTML.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Job history indicating growth and development in the field.
- Graduate study in the computer field.
- Foundation in objected-oriented design, model-view-controller framework, and template-based layouts.
- Experience with the design and implementation of automated tests for software.
- Knowledge of database design and SQL.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
What We Can Offer:
The University of Connecticut is the state's flagship institution of higher learning. Founded in 1881, the University spans 4,108 acres at its main campus and five regional campuses, and an additional 205 acres at the UConn Health Center in Farmington. The main campus, located in Storrs, Connecticut, enrolls over 17,000 undergraduate and approximately 6,000 graduate students. The University of Connecticut is a school of choice for academically talented students. U.S. News & World Report ranks UConn number 19 on this year's list of the nationâs best public universities.
The University of Connecticut actively solicits applications from minorities, women, and people with disabilities. Employees are expected to actively foster a campus climate that is welcoming and supportive of the University of Connecticutâs diverse student and employee communities, and encourage communication with and among campus constituencies.
To Apply: Please apply via Husky Hire to submit a cover letter, resume, as well as the names and contact information of three references in Word or PDF format. Indicate Search #2014509. Applications will be accepted until October 1, 2014. The anticipated start is November, 2014. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on October 1, 2014.