The Department of Student Affairs Information Technology at the University of Connecticut is seeking a full-time Systems Administrator to provide technical expertise to the operation of the University's Division of Student Affairs, particularly Student Health Services' medical technology systems and subsystems. This is an outstanding opportunity to enhance technology services in a progressive and dynamic technology environment.
The University of Connecticut is the state's flagship institution of higher learning. Founded in 1881, the University spans 4,108 acres at its main campus and five regional campuses, and an additional 205 acres at the UConn Health Center in Farmington. The main campus, located in Storrs, Connecticut, enrolls over 17,000 undergraduate and approximately 6,000 graduate students. The University of Connecticut is a school of choice for academically talented students. U.S. News & World Report ranks UConn number 19 on this year's list of the nation's best public universities.
Student Affairs IT provides all IT services to the Division of Student Affairs in support of the Division's mission to provide programs, services, and co-curricular experiences that enhance student success. Student Affairs and its IT department will be critical component to the University's continued growth and development.
Minimum qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field (five years of appropriate technical experience will substitute for the Bachelor's degree)
- At least two years of technical experience which demonstrates a good working knowledge and understanding of enterprise-wide hardware and software (this experience is in addition to the five years of appropriate technical experience which may substitute for a degree)
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented, fast-paced, information technology environment
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule as required such as evenings and occasional weekends.
In addition to the minimum qualifications the preferred qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or other area of study requiring advanced problem-solving skills
- Experience working with medical systems such as PyraMed, Clinlab, Xpacs, or QS/1
- Experience with HIPAA compliance
- Experience with desktop computer virtualization and/or terminal services
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and/or Oracle configuration and management.
Starting salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
To apply: Please visit Husky Hire to submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references in Word or PDF format by October 1, 2014. The anticipated start date is November, 2014. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2015045)